How to Download eBooks onto a Sony
Set Up Your Sony
- Install the Reader App for your computer at http://ebookstore.sony.com/download, and create a Reader Store account, or sign in to your existing account.
- Connect Sony Reader (fully charged and turned on) to the computer with the USB connector.
- In the Reader Store pane, click the Store tab, and then click My Account.
- At bottom of page go to Manage Devices under My Authorized Devices. Click Authorize this device to register your Sony Reader to your Reader Store account.
- After registering, install Adobe Digital Editions. Available for download at Hayner’s website from the OverDrive home page under Digital Software on the bottom left side.
Search and Download eBooks
- Go to Roxana Library’s website at www.roxanalibrary.org, and click on the OverDrive icon on right side.
- Search eBook collection on OverDrive by browsing eBook Fiction, eBook Nonfiction categories on left side, or expand topics in center of page by clicking on “complete list,” or simply use search box.
- If no copies of a title are available to check out, click on “place a hold” to reserve it.
- If your title is available, click on “add to cart” directly across from Adobe EPUB eBook, or Adobe PDF eBook. This will take you to My Cart where you select Proceed to Checkout.
- At the Sign In page, you must select your home library from the list of participating libraries. Enter your library card number and 4-digit PIN.
- At the Check Out page, choose a lending period of either 14 or 7 days. Then click Confirm checkout.
- At the Download page, click Download. A pop-up will appear. Choose to open with Adobe Digital Editions.
Transfer eBook to Your Sony
- Plug your Sony into your computer. Sony (PRS-300) will show up under Bookshelves in Adobe screen.
- Book will download to that screen. Then click on Library View (icon of books, upper left).
- Drag and drop the book onto the Sony icon found below Bookshelves.
- Book will show up on your Sony device home page under Books by Title.
To Return Items Early
- Hover your mouse over the book in Adobe Digital Editions.
- Click on the small arrow in top left of the book cover. Then click on Return Borrowed Item.
- On your Sony, choose the book title that was returned, and under Utilities from the Options page, choose Delete to remove returned title from your device.